May 11, 1997

Three Rivers Stadium (#9)

Braves vs. Pirates
Pirates Lose 2-8


Pittsburgh has a lot of good fans, especially for a team that is not all that great. I know that at the time they were chasing the division leaders, but keep in mind it's a division where ALL of the teams are below .500! There also seemed to be a lot of Braves' fans on hand, but I would say that was due to the fact they're the defending National League Champs. Two words "Fairweather Fans." The Pirates' Parrot seems to like the same hobbies as his counterpart in Philadelphia. After a Mother's Day visit from Mother Parrot, he also shot hot dogs into the stands.

The game was not all that great, considering the best team in the NL was playing one of the fundamentally worst teams I have seen. John Smoltz was batting better than the most of the Pirates' starters. Don't get me wrong, I still had a great time and enjoyed the stadium. The people of Pittsburgh have a stadium they can be proud of, especially when the Steelers are playing. This also brings and end to our first epic quest of 5 games in 5 days, but I'll be glad to get back and share my stories with my wonderful, and understanding wife.

No comments: