September 17, 1999

Skydome (#13)

White Sox vs. Blue Jays
Blue Jays Lose 3-7



This was definitely a unique but nonetheless fun way to see baseball. We were fortunate enough to get a fieldview suite in the Skydome. Although perspective was nowhere near as good as a seat in the crowd, the comfort and privacy held the atmosphere. It was like going to a luxury box, but without the obnoxious co-workers, and a couple of beds thrown in for the hell of it. I found it very humorous that a check in I had to sign a form stating that I understood that while the curtains in my room were open, I was in a public place and to act as such. A nice bonus to the night was watching the dome close and be cleaned up for the next day with several leaf blowers. We also got to watch a baseball clinic for kids on Saturday morning.

The game was moderately exciting. I think that due to its relatively remote location, Toronto has no heated rivalries with other teams. Out vantage point did not allow us to complain about calls made on the field, but we could always check the replay on our TV. The crowd seemed sparse for a Friday night, but we could not see how many people occupied other seats or watched from the Hard Rock Cafe. I am still not a fan of artificial turf. Overall, it was just an average 9-inning game.

No comments: