June 27, 2010

Dodger Stadium (#27)

Yankees vs. Dodgers
Dodgers Lose 6-8 (10 innings)



To be blunt...Hey LA 1975 called, they want their stadium back!  I will preface my review by stating that we were confined the left field bleacher section of the stadium, therefore I did not get to see what the other concourses had to offer.  That said, why in 2010 is a fan not able to peruse all of the fare and ambiance a baseball stadium has to offer?  In our section, I was able to purchase Dodger Dogs, beer, soda, peanuts, nachos and ice cream.  That's it!  With all of the amenities ballparks offer, why in the world were my choices so limited?  The catacombs under the bleachers and urinal troughs made me think the Dodger Express bus I rode to the game was in fact a time machine.  For a positive, the view from my left field bleacher seat was great.


On to the game.  Fortunately a great baseball game was able to allow me to forget where I was.  The renewed rivalry that was Yankees vs Dodgers lived up to the hype.  The fans were loud and into the game.  It began as a pitchers' duel with only one hit for each team through three innings.  Then Pettitte got antsy and generated two errors to allow the Dodgers to open up a 3-0 lead.  The Dodgers had a 6-2 lead into the 9th when Broxton was allowed to give up four runs to send the game into extra innings.  In the 10th Cano hits a two-run shot and the Dodgers failed to answer in their half.  It was a great atmosphere from the fans' perspective and a good game with some timely scoring.  Too bad, it was in an antiquated stadium.



No comments: